ISM 5670: Digital Video Creation and Analytics
What is this 'Digital Video Creation and Analytics' course all about?
Rationale: It is estimated that video traffic currently makes up 57% of all consumer internet traffic, which is expected to increase to 82% by 2020. Users upload 300 hours of new video to YouTube every minute, and view almost 5 billion videos every day. Customers expect to find video content on company websites, and they are 64% more likely to purchase a product after watching a video. Organizations big and small are looking for employees that can develop compelling videos to meet their customer’s demand for video consumption.
Learning Outcomes: In this course, you will learn how to shoot professional looking video and analyze its impact. The learning outcomes from this course will enable the students to:
- articulate the value of digital video in the enterprise;
- script and storyboard a short narrative sequence;
- setup appropriate lighting and sound for professional looking video;
- utilize editing techniques for post-production and prepare videos for distribution via the web;
- apply effective team communication and coordination skills to complete the video process from pre-production script development through web deployment;
- evaluate video analytics to determine the impact of a video;
- articulate on emerging video trends;
Course Content: The following topics will be covered in this course.
- Captioning: add closed captioning to videos; add videos to a webpage;
- Post Production: introduction/advanced topics in post-production editing of video;
- Production Planning: Planning and shooting video (A roll vs. B roll);
- Tools / Equipment: Cameras, resolutions, tripods, and different shots;
- Trends: explore emerging video trends;
ISM 5670 is a course in the 'Inbound Information Technology ' specialization category.
Click on the "Enroll in ISM 5670" button to "Find Course Text Books | View Evaluations for ISM 5670 Instructors" and to see when/where the course is offered.